SUPREME COURT OF GEORGIA
BOARD TO DETERMINE FITNESS OF BAR APPLICANTS
244 Washington Street, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATION OF FITNESS
AS A FOREIGN LAW CONSULTANT
YOUR RESPONSES MUST BE TYPED ON THIS FORM
. The Board to Determine Fitness will not accept HANDWRITTEN responses.
YOU SHOULD INDICATE YOUR FULL NAME
(first, middle and last) on this application. All processing will be done on the basis of your full name, all records will be retained and all certifications issued in your full name.
ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED COMPLETELY.
If a particular question is not applicable, you should so state. You may not answer questions by incorporation, i.e. "...see Florida application." You should complete and return the form provided although you may make a photocopy for your own use. Do not use additional sheets until you have filled the space provided. Do not use abbreviations except for standard abbreviations such as state postal codes. An application will not be processed until all questions have been answered and any required documentation has been supplied.
- Absolute and complete candor is required. Failure to be completely candid may result in denial of certification. If you wonder if your situation falls within the scope of a particular question, it is best to assume it does.
- This Application is considered on-going, and you must file an amendment within thirty (30) days of the occurrence of any event which would change any answer on the Application. The amendment requirement continues up to the date you are licensed as a Foreign Law Consultant. Failure to file a timely amendment may result in denial of certification or withdrawal of a previously issued certification.
Address changes must be submitted in writing, and they should be filed promptly. You will be held responsible for mail which is delayed, misrouted or not delivered because the Office of Bar Admissions does not have your current address.
FEES MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A MONEY ORDER or BANK CASHIERS’ CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO: OFFICE OF BAR ADMISSIONS
|Yearly Renewal fee|| $ 100.00|
- The Supreme Court has authorized the Board to Determine Fitness of Bar Applicants to refund 2/3 of the regular fee paid with the filing of Applications for Certification of Fitness provided a request for withdrawal of consideration of the Application is received in the Office of Bar Admissions within 15 working days of the date of filing the Application. No other refund of Fitness Board fees is authorized or will be made.
- You will be required to file narratives for all criminal and DUI offenses. Arresting officers' reports and court documents regarding these offenses will also be required.
CERTIFICATES OF ADMISSION AND DISCIPLINE
- To complete processing of this application, you must attach a certificate from the authority having final jurisdiction over professional admission and discipline in the foreign country where you are admitted to practice, which shall be signed by a responsible official or one of the members of the executive body of such authority. The official seal, if any, of such authority, which shall certify the authority's jurisdiction in such matters, shall be affixed to this certificate.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- You must also submit with your application a letter of recommendation from one of the members of the executive body of the aforementioned authority in the jurisdiction where you are admitted or from one of the judges of the highest law court or intermediate appellate court of such foreign country.
A letter or recommendation from at least two (2) active members of the State Bar of Georgia setting forth the length of time, when, and under what circumstances they have known you and their appraisal of your moral character shall also be attached to the application.